Affiliate marketing

Disclosure. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also as a Shareasale Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more about affiliate marketing.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Alzheimers Awareness month!

September is Alzheimers Awareness month. This is something that mean a lot to me. My great grandma lived until the age of 97. She had Alzheimers, by the time she was 95 she forgot who I was. She inspired me to be a caregiver at the age of 15. My Grandma had encephalitis, which caused her to have Alzheimers early around the age of 72. I was already working in assisted living by the time I was 20 when she needed my care. I was certified to pass meds and do vitals. Thank goodness. I would do my grandma's meds, blood pressure, housekeeping, cook for her and shower her and so on. She had to go to an assisted living, and has gone to be with the Lord. I have been a caregiver for over a decade in assisted livings. I have worked in memory care where they have advanced or end stages of Alzheimers. Alzheimers deteriorates your brain. It is a horrific disease. First stages they get forgetful and lose their short term memory. They have trouble finding things around the house and so on. Then forgetting they left the stove on. Trouble caring for themselves. As the stage progresses, it is like they are going backwards in life but they have aches and pains and health problems. Young people can also get Alzheimers but it is rare. A lot of the people I take care of cannot do anything for themselves. Some still think they are a child asking for their mommy and daddy. They still remember things that have happened in their childhood but they cannot remember two seconds ago. They can ask me the same question all day. It gets redundant but they are suffering from their disease and they need care. It is really sad and depressing to see this day in and day out, but it is a rewarding job and I am happy that I have the opportunity to help them. The disease deteriorates the brain. Eventually their brain doesn't tell them to breath, the heart can't beat, and they cannot swallow. It is fatal.