Affiliate marketing

Disclosure. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Also as a Shareasale Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more about affiliate marketing.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Remembering 911

Today marks the 18th anniversary of the most horrific act of terrorism that has ever happened in the United States.
Do you remember where you were when you found out about 911?
I was a youngster, only 19 years of age, prime of my life. I woke up in the morning. Of course I slept in, I didn't have any responsibility's in life just yet. Anyway, I work up to beautiful weather, got breakfast, sat down, turned the TV on. I didn't know what I was watching. I thought it was some kind of Armageddon movie review. I had literally no idea. Then it was on the next channel. I called my Mom at work and realized that I had 10 missed calls from her. She was freaking out! She being an overprotective Mom, told me to stay in the house. She explained it to me and I was in so much shock. I then called my boyfriend at the time to check on him and talked to him for hours.
This was so shocking to me. It took me hours to process what had happened. Never in my life have I ever heard anything like this. My Aunt who worked in a skyscraper in San Francisco was traumatized by 911 had to find a new job because of her anxiety.
It effected the whole world. I felt so safe growing up and not imagining that anything like this could ever happen in America.
Many lives lost were lost in this day, and many people lost their loved ones. With a  heavy heart I am honoring and thinking of all the people effected from this tragedy. I have the upmost respect for all the fire fighters and police officers, and am thinking of the ones that lost their lives trying to save others. Today I remember all the victims of 911 and I am saying a prayer for their families.
There is also a petition on change.org to make 911 a National holiday. I mean I think it is a good idea to honor the families. Petition for making 911 a holiday